Friday 1 July 2016

Your Next Stamp Sketch/Colour Challenge # 42 (Thanks Note Card)

Hello and welcome to another week of the Your Next Stamp sketch/colour challenge # 42.

Every two weeks there is a new challenge that features a sketch and colour inspiration. Pick the one that inspires you most, or try both for an added challenge. The best part of these challenges is you could WIN a gift certificate to the YNS store!


When using the colour inspiration, be sure to use at least 3 colours. You may also add neutrals

For this week's challenge, I found inspiration in the colours. I decided to get a little inky and create a fun set of thank you note cards for one of my daughter's teachers.



To make the card with the inky background, I started by applying my four distress ink colours (Abandoned Coral, Fossilized Amber, Twisted Citron, and Picked Raspberry) to my craft mat and spritzed them with water. I placed my water colour paper on top of the ink and removed it right away. Using paper towel I soaked up any spots that had an excess of water, then applied heat from my heat gun to dry. I repeated this step 5 more times on each of my backgrounds.

After all of the inked backgrounds were dry, I used my Fancy Thanks die and ran this through my die cut machine. With distress cards I matted them with black so the negative space for the thanks stood out.

To make use of the pretty ink coloured thanks, I used those along with the Apple die to create an additional 5 thank you cards.





For the sketch/colour challenge # 42, you will have until Thursday July 7th (midnight EST) to play along. Head over to the Your Next Stamp blog for more inspiration and to link up your creation.

One random participant will WIN at $15 gift card to the YNS store. If you feature a YNS stamp or die (it must be the main focus of your project), you will receive an additional $5. When you use a YNS stamp/die, there is also a chance of being selected as the YNS top pick! The winner and "top pick" are announced on the YNS blog, the Sunday after the close of the challenge.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a fabulous and crafty day!

Supplies Used
YNS Die: Fancy Thanks, Apple Die
Distress Ink: Abandoned Coral, Fossilized Amber, Twisted Citron, and Picked Raspberry


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!