Thursday 7 November 2013

Letter To Santa

Okay so here is the first card I have made for the Christmas season. I think that I am the last person in the house to give into the fact that Christmas will be upon us in no time. My daughters wrote out their Christmas wish list at the start of October and my husband did his part by hanging up the light. We are not yet turning them on, it is far too early for that.

So for me the start of my holiday season begin with my cards. For my first Christmas card, I am using an adorable stamp called "Letter to Santa" from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps.

Using this sketch from Your Next Stamp's November Challenge.


I finally dug into my supplies from the 2012 Simon Says Stamp holiday card kit. I used a square punch on 3 different pattern papers which I inked with vintage photo Distress ink. I cut a piece scrap paper, covered it with adhesive and began laying my squares starting in the centre and working out.


It is really hard to see in these photos, but on the corner of each of the squares there is a little bling.


This adorable image is coloured with Copic markers. I am still trying to get the hang of colouring/shading an image I want white. My bunny is a bit more grey than I would like. I would love any tips to achieve this.


To give a bit of shimmer and create my snow, I coloured the snow area using my Zig two-way fine tip glue pen. I then added Crystal Glitter Ritz micro fine white glitter. I love how it turned out.


Of course my card would not be complete without decorating the inside. The inside sentiment is from Your Next Stamp "Holiday Sentiments".


This card is 5 x 7 inches.

Supplies:
Stamps: Kraftin' Kimmie "Letter to Santa" and "Sleigh Mail", Your Next Stamp "Holiday Sentiments"
Paper: Not sure on the companies, it was from my 2012 Simon Says Holiday Card Kit
Other: Glitter Ritz white micro fine glitter, Queen & Co. Twinkle Goosebumps, green ribbon (Michaels)

Challenges:
Kraftin' Kimmie - Challenge 203 Pick a Holiday (I pick Christmas if you couldn't already guess that.)
Your Next Stamp - November Sketch YNSFFC006
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Patchwork

Thanks for taking a peek at my first Christmas card of 2013.

Happy crafting
Tracy


6 comments:

  1. Hi Tracy !! Here's a great video tute on coloring white --- http://youtu.be/vAVgwA9Gx1A

    I love this image -- & your quilt in the background looks fabulous!! (I can see the bling!)
    Enjoy your weekend!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, your image IS adorable..love how you colored it! I just saw on another blog they had a Christmas countdown..it's 44 days away...i am not ready especially with overseas packages..i guess that's why everyone gets going earlier?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet! Love the image and the colouring is great. Fabulous patchwork background. Thank you so much for sharing your patchwork creation with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi !! I'm back again with my DT hat on... Your card looks awesome!! Fab quilt and I love the microfine glitter as the snow!! Looks great!! :) :) Thank you for joining us @ YNS for our monthy challenge!!
    Nicole’s Craft Nook
    Nicole’s YUM YUM BLOG Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eek! That image is SO cute! Such a SWEET card! Thanks for playing with us at YNS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so much detail and such an adorable image! Your background is fabulous and love your Christmas paper choices. Thanks for joining us this month over at YNS!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!