Monday 30 December 2013

Christmas Traditions - Making Cookies

With Christmas behind us and the need for holidays cards no longer dire, it is nice to get back to completing a scrapbook layout. I only started scrapbooking in the spring, so completing a page still takes me a few days (sometimes weeks) to complete.

Over at Two Scrapbook Friends the December Craft Challenge Christa made was to scrapbook a holiday tradition. For my family one thing that is becoming tradition is baking our favourite Christmas treats. For me, the one treat that I have to make each year is Rice Crispy chocolate peanut-butter squares. My mother always made these squares when I was a kid and they are a hit now for my family. The  Christmas for this layout (2011) was also a special one because our family was hosting Christmas. So I got to showcase a lot of great crafty creations for our family dinner celebration (see below).


The paper is from the Simple Stories December Documented collection. This has been my favourite of the season for sure. On my craft background I got a bit messy:

  • Sprinkled Mister Huey's (Dark Calico)
  • Added "chocolate finger prints" using brown Memento (Dark Cocoa) ink
  • Created a "floured" effect with white pigment ink. I also put the white ink on the bottom of an old gingerbread man cookie cutter and "stamped" that on the page.


The recipe folder I created myself and added the tabbed index cards for my journalling, which will include the recipe for my favourite Christmas treats. The small cookie cutter charm were in my stash, however I cannot remember where they were purchased from. 

The heart and star were cut from white card stock with my Cricut and the gingerbread man was traced from the cookie cutter and cut by hand. I coloured shapes using Copic markers. I then covered the shape with a glue (Zig two way glue pen) and added............you guessed it.....Glitter Ritz micro fine white glitter, to give the shape more of a cookie look. I then used white Ranger enamel accents to create the look of icing on the cookies.



The cookies part of the title was cut using the Sesame Street Friends Cricut cartridge.

Here are a few other pictures of my holiday creations from our 2011 Christmas celebration.



My BELIEVE banner.



The table Settings.


 My napkin rings that were inspired by a posted by Shimelle Laine (here).



The kids helped make the paper filled Christmas baubles and I used large decorative ribbon for the runner on my white table cloth (tacked down with double sided tape).

My next Christmas hosting will be 2015, so I have plenty of time to plan!

Thanks for taking a peek at my Christmas traditions scrapbook layout.

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!