Wednesday 12 February 2014

Little Red Wagon # 224 - Pocket

Happy Wednesday everyone. Not only is it the middle of the work week (yeah), but there is also another fun challenge over at Little Red Wagon.


This week Joanne is issuing the challenge and she would like to see us include a pocket on our card.

A pocket is not something I have incorporated into many cards, so I was very excited for this challenge. My initial plan for my card, was to use a pocket die that I have in my stash, but after thinking it over a bit, the creativity wasn't really flowing. So instead, I decided to make my entire card into a pocket!

My card is a criss-cross pocket card. The image on my cards is from Wild Rose Studio called "Bella with Dahlia".


To allow the pocket card to stand on it's own (and of course be displayed), I only secured one side of my criss-cross folds down to the card base, which holds the message insert.


The sweet image was coloured with Copic marker.


The paper for the card is a mixture of Michaels Recollections paper from my stash and Echo Park "Beautiful Life" 6x6 paper.

I also added a few Recollection gems around the outside of the image.


I hope you will join us this week over at Little Red Wagon for our latest challenge. While you are there please check out what the other Girlfriends have created with pockets. I am sure that you will be inspired to create your own pocket project. Just remember to link up your creations over at the Little Red Wagon blog!

Thank you for stopping by and please come back soon.

Have a crafty day!

Tracy


7 comments:

  1. This is so sweet! I absolutely love the idea of not securing the one side so the card can stand - awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so sweet! I love the little image :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very cute card! That elephant is really sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design Tracy, love the cute image too.....gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGoodness, this is so cute!!! Love your pocket card, I haven't done one of these cards for quite some tine, thanks for the reminder!!!
    Adorable Bella stamp, I just received 2 new ones last week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That little elephant is so super adorable! I love how you created the pocket on the card! SUPER cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous job!! I adore criss cross cards !! They are a brilliant design & so much fun to put together !!
    I love your little elephant Bella!!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!