Sunday 27 December 2015

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps 2015 Year in Review



As we are nearing the end of 2015, it's a great time to look back and reflect on the year and what we have accomplished. I have had the great pleasure of working as part of the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps team for just over a year. It has been an amazing experience and I look forwards to new year ahead.

In looking back on my work for 2015, it was really hard to select my favourites. I love creating cards, however, I took the opportunity to create a number of other paper projects like boxes and my favourite note pad holders. Here is a selection of some of my favourite projects from each month's release.

January


In January the You Are Beautiful set really stood out. This image was so fun to colour and really great for a card with LOTS of layers. A great set for a birthdays or just to let someone know you are thinking about them. (original post here).
February


For all of you book lovin' fantasy krafty friends, I would say Gandalf  would be an great stamp for your collection. Stamps are not just for cards. Here is a look at a bookmark that made as gift for a great friend. (Original post here).

March

For March, there was NO way for me to pick just one favourite. This month there were two amazing images from Annie Rodrigue that were named after my two girls. This of course made my daughters very excited and thinking they were now famous.


The first project for my youngest daughter was an altered clipboard that I made with Elisha the Mage. A great gift for kids,  friends and teachers too. (Original post here).
 

For my eldest daughter I created a note pad holder using Kiersten the Knight. I LOVE creating note holders and they can be made and adapted for a number of types and sizes of notepads. They are one of my go to projects this year. (Original blog post here).
April


Another of my go to projects are gift boxes. This was my first coffee K-cup box that I made using I {Heart} Coffee. The fun box is great for small gifts and can be made a variety of sizes. (Original post here).

May



Spring and summer are popular wedding times and it's always nice to have a few sets in your stamp stash for those special events. I used Happily Ever After and decorated a small gift box to hold a larger (lots of layers) card. (Original post here).

June


Masculine cards are not ones I create a lot, however it has been a lot of fun working with some of the newer sets like Let's Roll, Dude! I always love the masculine papers and have really enjoyed creating more cards and projects for the men in my life. (Original post here).

Other favourite for this month was this card made using Fin-tastic friends (which is now sold out in the shop). I had so much fun creating this card with the twine, pearls and cheese cloth (original post here).


July


Cards for little girls are easy for me and there are ones I need a lot for my own girls, nieces, and friends of my daughters. I just adore this Pretty As a Princess set from our July release (Original post here).

August


I don't usually make a lot of Halloween cards, however I do love making projects and gifts for my kids, their teachers and classmates. Here was a box I created using You're A Scream. (Original post here).
September


In September our Krafty releases turns cold, as we look to winter and Christmas creations. I loved all of the sets from this month, so it was really hard to pick a favourite. I selected this card using Angel Voices because I had the chance to work a few techniques into my card. I really love how the image looked with the distressed sky and heat embossed snowy background. (Original post here).

Another favourite creations from this month was a couple of journal cards I made for a scrapbook layout using the Magic of Christmas sentiment set and Made By Elves set.


October


This year I have been challenging myself to create more clean and simple cards. I really enjoyed the results, however despite being so few in layers, the cards still take me awhile to create. Here is one of my CAS favourites from the October release using Snow Days. (Original post here).

Other favourites from this month's release was using the Happy Winter Days set.



November


I can say that I have gotten into the planner craze, however I prefer the handmade style for organizing my life and activities. I have a handmade personal planner and family calendar which I used the Perfect Planner set. This calendar will also make a nice addition to my scrapbook once the month is over. (Original post here).

December


To end out the year, our creations turn to love and I returned to something I love, books, reading and paper craft projects. I made a bookmark using Love Chemistry. This set is great and can be used for a number of creations. (Original post here).

I hope you enjoyed this review of my favourites projects featuring the amazing stamps from Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps. If you head over to the blog post for today, you can see a some of the other Krafty girls favourites from this past year.


Right now there is an amazing Boxing week SALE in the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps shop. ALL of the stamps are on sale for 10-60% off. The sale goes until December 31 and only while supplies last.

If you want to keep up with all the Krafty happenings, you should join our Krafty Friends Group on Facebook. It's a great chance to share your Krafty creations, see what the Krafty Girls and Kim are creating, chat and join in with some of the challenges we have each month (Saturday, Wonderful Wednesday and Scrappy Challenge).

Thank you for stopping by and sharing in my Krafty review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!