For this birthday card, I am using another cute digital image from Sassy Cheryl called "Let's Party". This image worked so well with the super fun and bright paper from the We R Memory Keepers Hip Hip Hooray collection. I just bought this collection and it has quickly become a birthday card go to.
For the tiny present, I simple folded a smaller bit of pattern paper and wrapped the "gift" with twine. The tiny HB2U is from MFT "It's a Sign".
The image is coloured with Copic markers. I also applied a bit of Glitter Ritz fine white glitter to her party hat and the trim of her dress. I think most of my cards recently have had glitter applied somewhere. What can I say I love it. I really like that you can still see the colour through the white glitter, so I don't have to worry about trying to match up my colours. Just colour and add glitter.
Of course my card it not complete without a decorated inside. The inside sentiment is from Stampendous "Birthday Wishes" and the cupcake which was coloured with Gelatos (applied with my finger) is The Paper Company "Cupcakes".
The layout was based on this fabulous sketch by Karen Giron from The Sweetest Thing. I would also like to give a shout out to Karen as the creator of my super cute watermark. She has a fabulous selection at her blog for purchase. You can find a link to her watermark gallery in the side bar of her blog.
- Sassy Cheryl: #199 Winter Blues (there is no winter on my card, but plenty of blue! Besides who doesn't love a party to chase away the thought of snow and cold.
- The Sweetest Thing: # 202 Sketch
- 4 Crafty Chicks: #176 bows (the little bow around my tiny present)
- Through The Craft Room Door: January 14 - 20 Anything goes
- Papertake Weekly Challenge: New Year, New Stash (my new is the image. It was a recent purchase - a gift to myself as most of my craft stuff is. This is the first time I have used this digi).
Have a crafty day and thanks for taking a peek at my latest birthday card!