Monday 17 March 2014

Echo Park Mini Collections - Layouts

I was so excited to be asked by Carolyn and Joanne from Two Scrapbook Friends to make a few layouts using three great mini themed collections by Echo Park. I don't think that they were aware that Echo Park is one of my absolute favourites, so I was super excited to play with these papers.

I prefer to work on single page layouts and when possible I try to scrap multiple photos. The single page acts as my title to highlight a few key pictures and then I will often pair the single page with a pocketed page for the rest of my photos and a bit of journaling.

The 3 Echo Park mini collections that I recently worked with are:

Summer Adventure
Day at the Zoo
My Life

For the Summer Adventure line, I used photos from a boat trip on our last vacation to Newfoundland. I love the colours in this collection.


To create a bit of texture, I used modelling paste and a Crafters Workshop stencil (Layered Beads) to add circles in various sizes. 


I created my own tags with some of the journal cards that are in this collection and added a few wood veneer boats.


I used a few of the sticker from the collection sheet and on the corners of the layout I added "Glitter Studs" from Queen and Co.


For the Day at the Zoo collection, I wanted to showcase a lot of the fabulous zoo animals without creating multiple layouts. In addition to the paper from this collection, my background wood grain paper is also from Echo Park (So Happy Together).

I created a lot of distressed edges on my card stock and pattern paper. Adding a few rips in the paper for texture and dimension.


I used a few of the collection sticker around the page and added some Maya Road large Kraft tags.


On most of my layouts I use 4"x6" pictures. Since we had so many great photos from this trip, I decided to try printing them at home so I could resize them. I had a pack of 8.5 x 11 glossy photo paper, so I printed some of my favourite animal pictures approximately 2"x3" in size.


For the My Life collection I created a layout of a family trip to the park while on vacation in Newfoundland. This was a super fun day and I think the grown ups had just as much fun as the kids. The picture of all of us is one that we try and take each time we visit my husband's family. I look forward to creating a page comparing the pictures over the last few years.

On this page I layered the great EP pattern paper onto the white card stock, which I stitched around the outside with red floss. Again the edges of all the paper were distressed a bit.


The calendar page was great to cut a part to add as a highlight of the date. For the title I used American Craft Thicker "Kitten".


All of the pictures were matted with card stock so they didn't get lost in the pattern paper.


More stitching was added along the bottom and I embellished with a few of the collection stickers and the wood veneer camera.


Thanks for stopping by and seeing my recent layouts. You can find these fabulous collections and a lot more at Two Scrapbook Friends.

Happy crafting.

Tracy

1 comment:

  1. You did a fabulous job! Your layouts look awesome in the store. We hope you will join us again and create some more fabulous designs.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!