Tuesday 18 March 2014

Have a Beautiful Birthday

It has been quite the adjustment heading back to work after being off for March Break. I am not sure if I can still blame the time change or if it was too many late nights crafting finally catching up with me. Either way getting up for work on Monday was such a struggle for me and the kids. Is it bad that I am already counting down till my next vacation?

For today’s card I had the chance to use a recent stamp I purchased from Your Next Stamp called Catherine. This image is so pretty and thought it would work really well for the current photo challenge at the YNS challenge blog


I used spring colours for the image and put that together with the stunning Lilybee Design Pinwheel collection of paper (which I have been hoarding). I had every intention of using this patterned paper on a layout,  however I still haven’t found the right photos to use. So I figured the right image for a card is just as good of a reason to cut into the paper. I have a few more cards that I am hoping to use this paper. It has a nice spring feel to it.


To add a bit of texture and sparkle to the card I applied liquid glue (Zig two-way glue) to the candle flames and centres of the flowers and sprinkled my favourite Glitter Ritz micro fine glitter. My glitter has been a bit neglected on my cards lately.


Of course the inside was made pretty too with a bit of pattern paper. The larger sentiment is from YNS Heartfelt sentiments and the happy birthday is from a Bo Bunny stamp set.



Challenges:
Your Next Stamp: Inspirational Photo March 2014
Cute Card Thursday: 312 Girls, Girls, Girls
Through the Craft Room Door: Anything goes

Thanks for dropping by my blog and have a wonderful day.

Happy crafting.

Tracy




2 comments:

  1. Simply wonderful inside and out!!! Love the layers and colors - what a way to be inspired by this month's photo! Thanks for playing along with us at YNS and sharing such a beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, i love your card...it's so pretty..and your coloring is wonderful! I am so glad you joined us this time at YNS!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!