Monday 17 November 2014

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps - Note Holder Tutorial

Hello Krafty Peeps, today I am hosting a fun tutorial over on the Kraftin' Kimmie blog. I am showing you how to create an Easel style note holder. These are wonderful gift ideas, perfect for teachers, coworkers and friends.

Some of the Supplies you will need:
  • 3x3 post-it notes
  • Strong cardstock for your base (I use 110 lb. white cardstock)
  • Pattern paper and coordinating Yardstick
  • Small Image - I am using Pretty Little Pixies
  • Embellishments
Using your heavy cardstock, cut your easel base at 10 1/2" x 4 1/2".


Score your base at 5", 5 1/2" and 8" inches.


This is how your base will look after you score.

Again, using your heavy weight cardstock, cut your note base at 4 1/8' x 4 1/8 inches. Although the note size is 3x3 inches, I have often found cutting the base at 4"x4", some of my notes don't fit well. The extra 1/8" gives enough room depending the type of notes you are using.


Score on each side at 1/2" inches and make a cut on each size.


If you want to decorate your note holder you will now want to cut your pattern paper and coordinating cardstock. Most cases my cardstock will be 1/8" smaller than the base and the pattern paper 1/8" smaller than the cardstock. Here are the measurements for my pieces.


Easel Base:
  • 1 cardstock @ 4 7/8" x 4 3/8" and 1 pattern paper @ 4 3/4" x 4 1/4"
  • 2 cardstock @ 4 3/8" x 2 3/8" and 2 pattern paper @ 4 1/4" x 2 1/4" (I like to cut two because I add the second paper to the back of my holder so it looks complete from all sides)
  • For my image, I cut a scalloped circle 3" and pattern paper circles 2.5"
Note Base:
  • 3 cardstock @ 3" x 3/8" and 3 pattern paper @ 2 7/8 x 1/4"
For the note base, adhere your cardstock and pattern paper. Then use a small circle punch (3/4") to cut out a notch on one side. Assemble your box for your notes to sit in.


Decorate your easel base with your cardstock, pattern paper and image of your choice. I used one of the sweet images from Pretty Little Pixies.


I decorated the rest of the easel with additional layers of pattern paper, flowers and a few charms.


Here is the easel note holder when it is closed.


If you are looking for other ideas for decorating your easel note holder, here is another one I made using the Smarty Pants set.


Thanks for stopping by today and head over to the Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps blog to see more wonderful Tips and Tutes by the other Krafty Girls.

Have a wonderful Krafty Day!

Tracy

2 comments:

  1. These are absolutely adorable and would make great gifts.

    Beautiful coloring too.

    Thanks for sharing the instructions and templates. I'm pinning for future reference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this :-D Thank you for the great tutorial :-D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!