Wednesday 25 February 2015

Little Red Wagon (Beachy Keen)/The Paper Nest Dolls (Guest)

Welcome to another fun filled days with lots of crafty goodness. It's Wednesday and that means we are at the half way point of the work week! It also means another challenge over at Little Red Wagon.


I am so excited to be back for another guest design spot with The Paper Nest Dolls. I have just fallen for these adorable images. They are so fun to colour and create with. You really should check out all of the amazing stamps in the store


Today at Little Red Wagon, Heather is our creative hostess and I think she has finally had enough of winter. She is so fed up with the cold temperatures we have been having, that she is bypassing Spring and channelling the hot of summer. Her theme this week is called BEACHY KEEN and she would like to see something summery!

I am so happy for this challenge and I am also ready for hot, warm temperatures.

I once again stepped away from making a card and made book style note holder using a  Paper Nest Dolls image called BEACH BALL EMMA.


This sweet image was coloured with Copic markers.


This book style note holder is a different from my first one (here) as I created a double flap.


Inside of the flaps of the holder, I added little brown paper bags (Michaels - Recollections), and added a few of the 4 x 6 journal cards from the Simple Stories I {heart} Summer paper collection.


When the holder is open, the 5 x 8 inch note pad ($ store) slides into a pocket I created. This way you can replace the paper when it's empty or use the pocket for holding pictures, notes, or other summer treasures.


The pocket style scrapbook paper from Simple Stories worked really well to decorate this fun summer journal set.


The base of this altered notebook was created using 2 sheets of 8.5 x 11 inch 110 lb. white cardstock. I will be creating another of these altered not books one in the next few weeks and will have a tutorial to share later in March (hopefully).

If you are ready to channel some warmth in your crafty projects, come and play along with this week's BEACHY KEEN challenge at Little Red Wagon. For some HOT inspiration, check out what the rest of the LRW GIRLFRIENDS have created.

Thanks for stopping by today. Stay warm and crafty!

Tracy

7 comments:

  1. What an awesome project, Tracy! I adore all the beach bits you added. Can't wait to see the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.my.goodness! What a great project! I love the beach scene you created with the twine, gauze, shells and that adorable bottle of sand. Way to go, Tracy - you rocked this challenge!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this project!!!! Fabulous job. Looks gorgeous ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great project - LOVE It, Tracy !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tracy, WOW....just wow!!! You rocked this challenge. I love everything about this and am calling dibs since it was my challenge, k??? LOL!!!! Hugs, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I will watch for that tutorial, I may need to make one of these too!! heehee TFS Lizzy/ Colour Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE this project. What a creative idea! And of course your coloring (as always) is terrific. You are so very talented!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!