Monday 1 September 2014

Kraftin' Kimmie Stamps - Tutorial Creating a Chalkboard Effect

Almost a year ago (September 29th) I started my blog so I could showcase my creations, participate in challenges and become apart of an amazing community of crafters. When I started this adventure, little did I expect to have so many great KRAFTY opportunities come my way.

I am so excited to announce that..........


Yes that's right me, a Krafty Girl. I still can't believe it!

For my first official Krafty Girl post I have created a video tutorial. Nope I am not kidding!


I have created a few cards using white embossing powder to create a chalkboard look with my rubber stamps. I really love the look and find there are so many different ways you can play around with the technique. In the video tutorial you can see how easy it is to create that chalkboard effect.

You can see the video on the Kraftin' Kimmie YouTube channel. I hope you will give this technique a try. If you do please share it with us on the Kraftin' Kimmie Facebook page.

I used an image from the new August release Candy Corn Kisses.


A closer look at the embossed image:


No chalk effect on the inside of the card, however I try to finish my cards completely and here you will see sweet Frankie from the Candy Corn Kisses set.


Here are a few other samples of past projects using this technique and Kraftin' Kimmie images:

Original post here

Original post here.

Thanks for dropping in and please head over to the Kraftin' Kimmie YouTube Channel to see all of the wonderful tutorials. 

Have a Marvellous Monday!

Tracy

Supplies:
Paper: Authentique
Die: Lovely View (Little Darlings/Spellbinder)
Other: Recollection Flowers & embossing powder, Black Ribbon (Michaels), 


3 comments:

  1. Congrats my friend. Now that you are on three of my fave design teams I will be stalking, I mean, following you closely :D Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Tracy!! Wonderful card. And a fab video tutorial too! Wtg!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new position. Loving your beautiful cards with the chalkboard technique.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!