Wednesday 17 September 2014

Little Red Wagon # 255 Get in Shape!



Today we have another great challenge on the Little Red Wagon Blog

Our fabulous hostess Janice is challenging us to GET IN SHAPE! No you don’t need to get your work out gear on or head to the gym. Janice is looking for a shaped card, preferably one without using rectangles and if possible circles. You know think outside the box right? Easier said than done!

I didn’t quite follow the rules very well for this challenge, because my card is fairly rectangular-ish. Oops! In my defence I have been crazy busy with work, home, kids, husband and crafts, so I am lucky to remember to eat and dress in something that matches some days.

For my shaped card I went for something that is dear to my daily routine. Yes my coffee or in a lot of cases latte addiction! I just love the fall Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks! So with coffee on the brain, this week I created a fun coffee cup shaped card. I paired this with a cute image from Your Next Stamp called Ellie Loves Latte.


Despite my card being not far off from a rectangle, I do think I should get a few points awarded because my shaped card was all created by hand. No die cut machine involved. I am sure my Silhouette wielding Girlfriends could have whipped this up in half of the time I did. I played around with a few scraps to get the desired shape/size and then created the card base from white cardstock with a fold at the top. I had the kraft corrugated card stock in my stash and it worked perfectly as the “sleeve” for my cup.


You may have noticed that I don’t have an inside photo of the card. Sorry, I didn’t decorate the inside, this time. My plan is to tuck in a gift card inside for the lucky recipient.

Are you ready to get in SHAPE? Join this week’s challenge and link up your projects at the Little Red Wagon blog. If you are looking for a bit of inspiration, then check out what the other Girlfriends have worked up for this week’s challenge.

Thanks for stopping by today and please come back again soon.

Tracy

4 comments:

  1. What are you talkin' about......this is totally a shaped card and you followed the rules perfectly! And it's fabulous too! Plus I'm totally impressed you did this by hand - wtg! (But you really should get yourself a Silhouette. Put it on your Christmas list! :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is soooooo adorable!! I love the corrugated sleeve and your image is too sweet! Well done my friend :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy, she is so cute!!! I love the pink fluff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to you for a great 'hand cut' design and it is super cute.....something close to my own heart too - coffee!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!