Wednesday 14 January 2015

Little Red Wagon # 272 - Frosty


Today kicks off a busy blogging week for me.

I am starting off the crafty fun with our current challenge over at Little Red Wagon. This week Joanne is hosting and I don't think she has had enough of winter. This week her theme is calls FROSTY! So she wants to see some snow theme projects. Snowman, snowflake, snowballs, snow forts, snow blowers, snow shovels.......I think anything with snow will cover you off well for this challenge.

I have a couple of rare moments with my card this week.
  1. CAS - that's right clean and simple crafty friends. Doesn't happen often. This one actually came together quickly.
  2. No coloured image. No reason, just wanted to try something different. 
My card is not heavy on the frosty snow, however I do have a snowflake and a glittery one at that. The "frosty" story behind the card, it that this is a thank you card for a neighbour. She helped clear my driveway with her snow blower, while I was attempted to shovel the rather heavy frosty dumping of snow we were getting last week. Shovelling was not really how I wanted to spend my day off, so I was happy for the extra help.


All of the die cut elements are from Your Next Stamps (see list below). The snowflake and the thanks were run through my Xyron and sprinkled with Glitter Ritz Microfine glitter. This is my absolute favourite glitter.  I also added a fun glittery Gumdrop to the centre of the snowflake.


The inside sentiment is also from Your Next Stamps and I added a couple of smaller snowflakes.


Thanks for stopping by today. I hope are staying warm wherever you are and that you have a bit of time to play along with our FROSTY challenge at Little Red Wagon. You can link up your project at the blog and while you are there check out the inspiration from the other Girlfriends.

Did you know that we now have a Facebook page for Little Red Wagon? Stop over and like the page, say hello and share your projects.

Have a super crafty day everyone.

Tracy

Supplies:
Your Next Stamp
Fancy Thanks Die
Stitched Fishtail Tag two die
Winter Fun Tag (Snowflakes)
Heartfelt Sentiments
Sparkly Crystal Clear Gumdrops

6 comments:

  1. Doesn't have one of your fabulously coloured images? Sorry, I do not accept. Kidding, of course! This is wonderful! Love the design and the sentiment on the inside is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, sometimes CAS is more effective - I love this - especially like your frosted snowflake, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. I like the CAS style but just can not seem to get it right. Guess I need to keep trying. A lovely card for an act of kindness. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how elegant this is. Perfect is the word that comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this card! Clean and simple is so very awesome! Your glittery snowflake and sentiment are gorgeous!
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!