Wednesday 7 January 2015

Your Next Stamp January Release Hop


Hello crafty friends and welcome to the January release hop for Your Next Stamp. We have a lot of amazing stamps and dies to show off. My fellow Design team girls and I have been busy creating, so I hope that you enjoy the inspiration we are sharing with you, during this hop.

Take a moment to look around at my projects, then hop, hop, hop to all of the blogs featured below. As you are hopping remember to leave a comment. There will be a winner drawn from the comments and that person will received $20 to spend in the YNS store! It's worth it to leave a little love for all of the Design Girls!

Do you have a "go to" card or project that you love to create? I think I have discovered mine, with my easel style note holder. I used the quirky scientist from the PERFECT CHEMISTRY stamp set and created a fun holder that fits 3x3 size post-it notes.


This has become my go to handmade gift for teachers and crafty friends. I have made enough of them now that they are not too hard to make. For this note holder, I used paper from the Echo Park A Boy's Life 6x6 pad.


I just love the wire wrapped spool. I had to dig into my husband's stash to find thin wire to use.  I shaped the wire and used a few small dots of Glossy Accents to keep the wire in place. The glasses are wood pieces painted black.


My "Mad Scientist" is coloured with comic markers.


I like to decorate the back of the note holder, just in case it sits in the open on someones desk. This may just come to work with me and brighten up my desk. The light bulb image and Eureka sentiment are also from the PERFECT CHEMISTRY set.

Finally a look at the note holder closed down. This project can be adapted for a variety of note sizes.


My second project is created with the super cute LOVE & SMILES stamp set and matching die.


Again, I used Copics to colour the bunny and I paper piece the heart balloons in the image. The paper is from Doodlebug Hello Sunshine 6x6 paper pad.


Inside my card, I stamped an additional sentiment and image from this adorable set.


Stamps and Dies used:

 To celebrate this month's release, Karen has a wonderful Hop SPECIAL!


Now it's time to hop along and see all of the wonderful creations by the rest of the Design team and this month's guests. Don't forget to leave a comment as you are hopping along. You may just win a prize! The winner will be announce at the Your Next Stamp blog on January 10th.

Come back and visit me again on Saturday as I will have another YNS project to share for our January DT Dare!

Thanks for stopping by today and Happy Hopping.

Tracy

47 comments:

  1. Oh Tracy that is the most awesome project. You rock and what a sweet card. Love those colors and papers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both projects are very cute! I like the professor, he's so funny :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wonderful projects Tracy. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowzers! Amazing projects. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING! This notebook project is just about the best idea I've seen all year! REALLY beautiful and so much fun! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bunny card is super cute, but is totally overshadowed by that amazing note pad holder!!! That thing is stunning! Super cute and and awesome way to keep those little notepads out in the open and ready to use. LOVE all the elements yous used on it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fantastic ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Any teacher that getss the chemistry gift is lucky!! I love every aspect of it, the paper, the image and how you have colored it, the design, the eyeglasses on front and the spool of wire!! LOVE IT!!
    The rabbit card is so colorful and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing projects! The note pad holder is too cute. And I LOVE the layout of the bunny card -- a great way to use up patterned paper (something I really need to start doing.) I'm totally CASEing this layout. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That Mad Scientist.... Love him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your note card holder is just brilliant! Love the small details, (wire, glasses) .....so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH MY, the note holder is amazing, love the lo on bunny.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The box is darling. I can see why you like to use it. I do like to make easel cards.
    The bunny is cute. The layering is great.
    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  14. Too cute! Love the note holder!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My Goodness! I love these projects ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG !!! What Great ideas ! These are Absolutely Adorable !!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cuteness overload. Love the Post in note holder and the little details. The bunny is just plain cute.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute new stamps! Your card and post-it holder are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely adorable project. The Chemistry stamp is perfect. I love how you decorated the back too. Your bunny card is so bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So cute - love the images.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like your note holder design and the bunny card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  22. EEEEK - Every awesome spirit needs such note card holder for his ideas. It's a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is just fabulous. Would really love to have the measurements and directions for making the box that holds the note paper.. your image is just fabulous..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here is a tutorial from November when I made one of these note holders.

      http://tracyplayingwithpaper.blogspot.ca/2014/11/kraftin-kimmie-stamps-note-holder.html

      Delete
  24. You are very creative for sure, very nice, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I always enjoy seeing your creations on FB, but this particular note holder captured my heart and I had to pop over to see more details up close. Love your work and these stamps are too stinkin cute. I don't believe I am familiar with them so I am going over for a closer peek at them too. Hugs, Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love your creativity and this stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  27. So clever. This would be a nice gift

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such an awesome project! WOW! Love this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Brilliant use of the light bulb and sentiment (pun intended), and of course the mad scientist is adorable! I love the super cute notepad holder. And the wire on the spool is sheer genius!!! The gears and glasses are the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  30. This is aMAZing! These would be so cute to make for teachers! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  31. If i wasn't already convinced that I need both of these sets your amazing projects would have pushed me right over the edge :o) I made a sticky note holder using your tutorial in December - can't wait to make another one. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the Perfect Chemistry and Love & Smiles stamp sets! I love how you colored all the images and the wooden pieces you added, along with the wire on the spool! So neat! I love that little bunny and bear! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Two amazing projects! That paper pad holder is absolutely adorable and so very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I like all the details on your note pad holder and the bright paper colours on your card

    ReplyDelete
  35. OMG this is awesome love that notecardholder it's the cutest holder I've ever seen. And you second card is also wow, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is awesome project. I have never seen one this cute.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wow I have never seen such an amazing sticky note holder! and your card...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the crazy scientist. Such a cool set. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  39. oh my word these are amazing.. great designing..

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh WOW! I like these "beary" much! ;-) Your note holder is AMAZING! Thank you for sharing tutorial. This is a must try project! :-D
    Enjoy your day :-D

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love every aspect of the notecardholder, the paper, the image and how you have colored it, the design, the eyeglasses on front and the spool of wire!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. HOLY COW - PURE AND TOTAL AWESOMESAUCE!!!!! I am so impressed with that note holder - incredibly done!! And your Easter card melted my heart like the sun melts chocolate!! So impressed with you and your styling and eye for details - your coloring, JUST EVERYTHING!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  43. So clever! The colours are so happy and cheerful too.

    ReplyDelete
  44. What cute sets! I just love the crazy professor!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!