Friday 16 January 2015

Your Next Stamp Skecth/Colour Challenge #5

It's time for another FUN FRIDAY challenge at YOUR NEXT STAMP.

Twice each month you will see a new challenge that features a fun sketch,


and some colours to inspire.


You can play along with either the sketch or colour challenge. Or if you are really up for a challenge try doing both.

This week I focused on the fabulous sketch. I wanted to make a Valentines card and I really didn't have much in the way of blues and greys for paper. The sketch was so fun and worked really well to create a simple card featuring a die this week. That's right my second card of the week with NO colouring.

On my card I used the new KEY TO MY HEART die. The gorgeous paper is Bella Rouge from Pink Paislee.


To create the element along the side of the card, I trimmed the top of my card base down 0.5" and added the decorative paper to the inside. I really love the black card stock with the pinks in this paper collection.

To show case the key die, I used the Journal Card Bracket Die on the pattern paper, the matted that on the black cardstock. The outside sentiment is from the Ellie Loves Sunflowers stamp set.


I love to decorate the inside of my cards. That way they are ready to go when I need them. I love sentiment sets and YNS has so many great one (here). This one is amazing and is called Whatnot Sentiments Three.


You have until January 22 (midnight) to play along with challenge # 5. You can see more inspiration and link up your project over at Your Next Stamp.

One random participant will WIN a $15 gift card to the YNS store. However, if you feature a YNS stamp or die (must be the main focal point) you will receive and additional $5. Oh yeah! When you use a YNS image there is also a chance of being selected as a YNS Top Pick. That's right, bragging rights for you and a fabulous badge to show off! Sounds exciting right? Ink up your stamps and show us your crafty stuff!

Have a fabulous and crafty Friday friends!

Tracy

1 comment:

  1. Tracy, what a busy week it has been for your blog. But each and every one of your cards are wonderful. I like the inside and outside of this one. And, no colouring once in a while is fun. :) Hugs, my friend.
    P.S. We NEED to get together soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!