Sunday 19 October 2014

Your Next Stamp October Release Hop



Hello everyone and welcome to a very special Your Next Stamp blog hop?

Why is this hop so special? Not only do we have an amazing collection of stamps and dies to show off for the October release, we are also celebrating the launch of the new Your Next Stamp website.

The holidays are not too far off and today the design team and special guests are here to help spread a little Christmas inspiration. If you haven't yet thought about Christmas, this amazing release will help put you in the mood. There are so many fabulous stamps, dies and yummy Gumdrops to help you create cards, layouts, decorations and fabulous gifts for those on your nice list this year.

Take a a moment to look around, then hop, hop, hop to all of the blogs featured below. As you are hopping remember to leave a comment. There will be 5 random winners who will received $20 to spend in the YNS store! It's worth it to leave a little love! You will want to comment on all of the blogs because the prizes are randomly placed among all of the blogs. Hop, comment and you may WIN!

For my first card, I am showing off my favourite set from this release called WINTER HOME. I created a full winter scene complete with night sky and Santa and his reindeer which is from last year's holiday set CHRISTMAS MAGIC.


Although you can't really see from the pictures, the house is actually paper pieced to create slight dimension to the scene. I used the distress ink (salty ocean, broken china and faded jeans) to create my night sky on the background and added my first layer in which I just coloured the trees. I then added the paper pieced house, and finally the roof and front door/step.

To add the snow to my winter scene I used DecoArt Snow Writer. I find the product thick and gritty, so I added a bit of water and applied it to my scene with a fine tipped paint brush.


Here is a look at the inside of the card. I used one of the sets sentiments, re-stamped my house and added a couple of reindeer from the Santa image.


Stamp Sets Used:
 

For my second card, I used the darling sweet penguin Waddles from the set WADDLES SNOW FUN. I also added the sentiment and stitched die cut element from the WINTER FUN TAG DIE set. The paper is Doodle Bug (Santa Express) and you may notice the delicious GLITTERED GUMDROPS, which I want to get in every colour!



To finish in the inside of my card I added elements from a 2013 die set called SLED WITH PRESENTS.


Stamps and Dies used:


To celebrate the new release and launch of the new Your Next Stamp website there are some amazing deals:


Now it's time to hop along and see all of the wonderful creations by the rest of the Design Team and our Special Guests. Don't forget to leave a comment as you are hopping along. You may just win a prize!

Thanks for stopping by today and Happy Hopping!

Tracy

43 comments:

  1. Wow! The details on your first card are incredible and love your coloring on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow amazing cards love them. Thanks for sharing thise stamps are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards Tracey. Love the night sky .

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great selection of cards. I really like the little house scene, all the depth and texture. Great stuff x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are amazing...love your coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cards are awesome and the images great as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute cards! Love your sky background on the first!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, these are both cute cards and love how you've put both together - penguins are fast becoming one of my "fav" images, they're so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous cards! Love how you finished the inside of each card too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really needed that Santa and sleigh stamp the other day. The scene is so pretty and the continuation of it to the inside of the card is fun. Y'all always decorate the insides of your cards so nicely.
    thanks for sharing two great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very nice cards. Love the sky you created.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful coloring! I am so impressed with the intricacy in the silhouette reindeer and love how the penguin's bellies look like hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like the way you combined the sets to make a gorgeous scene for the first card. The second is just plain adorable. Great way to use die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty Christmas cards. It puts me in the mood to get some done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fun holiday cards. The winter scene is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh, your cards are adorable! Love how Santa and the reindeer are in shadow and the snow. Your coloring is great. And the penguin card is just so bright and fun. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute and colorful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh so sweet. Both of your cards are wonderful. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome, love all the paper piecing it really paid off!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous scene you have created Tracy! Love all the elements you have added.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great cards. Especially love the house.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your cards are so adorable! Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your cards are beautiful! Love the penguins!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great cards Tracy! I like your snow and that cute little penguin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous card! I love your creativity using the santa and continue the stamp inside the card. Pretty cool :) Love the scene too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous cards! That background is amazing - did you use a sponge with your distress inks to create that look?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wooooowwwwww!!! Love both the cards, the first one is just amazing..

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just found out about this stamp company and LOVING all the wonderful stamp sets! off to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  29. Two fab cards. Love the Christmas scene and how you stamped the inside as well. That penguin is so cute. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  30. AWESOME cards! Can't pick my favorite. They are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Such fun stamps and cards...love the first with the sweet house.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the card with the house and Santa flying over it! Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your Santa card. Very creative

    ReplyDelete
  34. Tracy you have really rocked this new release hop! Love every one of your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the scene you created with the house!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Darling penguin and I love the Santa/Reindeer silhouette stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wonderful cards Tracy! Love the winter scene - seriously fab snow.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my fellow paper geeks. Please leave a comment!